Frequently Asked Questions
- There are creative roaming hors d’oeuvres, martini mashed potato stations, appetizer stations, coffee, and dessert bar. It is very difficult to have a sit down meal when in full costume and masks, this is why we request the excellent chefs at the Empress to design creative food stations and roaming appetizers. There are cash bars available.
- After the costs of the Ball (Real costs, not embellished), ALL money raised goes to the charity. We do not draw a salary or keep any money.
- Because it is a fundraising event, there is a program. We have about a 15 minute keynote speech followed by an exciting live and fundraising auction, followed by dancing.
- The program for the evening includes dance and musical performances, live music by The Midnights until midnight, raffle, live and silent auctions, best costume contests, and more.
- There are several professional photographers in the room and at formal portrait stations and the pictures are available on the Ball website about a week or two after the Ball, complimentary.
- Photo’s on the website show you what people do, but the only requirement is that you be in a mask, suit/tux for the men, and appropriate dress for women. The website shows where to get masks and rent costumes if you choose.
- Seating is assigned and if you want to sit together buy your tickets together and email the coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.